Lightening Storm

ben306

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
At about 7.30-8.00pm the darkest clouds ever moved in over Toronto

Storm1JPG.jpg

Then within minutes the best light show I have ever seen kicked in. It was still going on when I went to bed at 11.30.

The power of Mother Nature is awesome.

Found it hard work getting photos but these are the better ones.

Light5.jpg

Light4.jpg

light3.jpg

light2.jpg

And the CN Tower being hit

Light1JPG.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.ca/jovicaleksandar/ThunderstormToronto090809#

^^^ Good work! It was quite the show, wasn't it?? Lots of sheet lightning, and bolts that went sideways as often as they went from sky-to-ground. And those dark clouds at the beginning...so low and SO dark! I love watching storms like that

(And speaking of shows, I hear Nickelback had to cancel their concert because of the lightning storm :( )

Yeah it was fantastic.

And I beleive so about the concert being cancelled

Beautiful photos. I can never time it quite right to get the lightening. Also wish we had more storms here in the UK!

Andy

Beautiful. I always have a soft spot for lightning storms (I have a collection of my own). Those are some VERY nice pictures. :D

Your first two of lightning are amazing. The CN Tower getting hit is really cool too. :D

Thanks fot the nice comments.

I am really happy in the way these came out :)

all shots are nice but the last one is amazing... I wonder how often that tower gets hit.

ya that last one was cool! but i seems a little overexposed? but its still sweet. i love lightning shots. i cant wait to get some for myself!

Awesome shots. The dark clouds are great and I really like that last one where you caught two strikes at the same time.

What settings were you using on those pics? I would love to see the Exif data as I try to take those shots myself. How long were you leaving the shutter open? Did you use the bulb?

Thanks.

What settings were you using on those pics? I would love to see the Exif data as I try to take those shots myself. How long were you leaving the shutter open? Did you use the bulb?

Thanks.

Camera Make: Panasonic
Camera Model: DMC-FZ18
Image Date: 2009:08:09 21:34:34
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 6.4mm (35mm equivalent: 39mm)
Exposure Time: 8.000 s
Aperture: f/6.3
ISO equiv: 200
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool pictures! I miss the good lightning storms in Toronto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back