lighthouse

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some pics of the whatipu a couple of weeks ago. I really love this lighthouse :)

reflections-stuff.jpg

sunbeams.jpg

logarythm.jpg

log-storm-II.jpg

tower-storm.jpg

pakeha, ive figured it out. you have a central theme in all your pics.....

clouds. never just a bright blue sky, is that on purpose?

great shots by the way!!!!

md

Great shots! It's a toss up between #1 and the last one with the lighthouse for my fav.

MDowdey said:
pakeha, ive figured it out. you have a central theme in all your pics.....

clouds. never just a bright blue sky, is that on purpose?

great shots by the way!!!!

md

yeppers, you are on to me. I love going out to take pics when the sky is 'challenging' :)

Karalee said:
:roll: as always great shots, love number one the best. I so wish I could do that!
:lol:

Think, I like #3 the most

In the lighthouse picture I like how the surf is braking in left foreground, but do not like that the lighthouse is centered in the frame. Do you have similar shot framed different or maybe crop the right side off.

Knockout shots!!!!!!! I am fascinated by the water in the first frame. I guess the waves give the blurr effect while the clouds remain motionless? Obviously a long exposure, but minutes or seconds? Hopefully those are not your foot prints in the lower left of the frame.

I had a teacher who fully disliked all blue skies. In my infinite wisdom I never listened to him. Now I am thinking he may have been right.

beautiful pictures!!!

I dont want to go to NZ. It wouldn't make a difference. :)
BUT
I would want your cloned brain :D

craig said:
Knockout shots!!!!!!! I am fascinated by the water in the first frame. I guess the waves give the blurr effect while the clouds remain motionless? Obviously a long exposure, but minutes or seconds? Hopefully those are not your foot prints in the lower left of the frame.

I had a teacher who fully disliked all blue skies. In my infinite wisdom I never listened to him. Now I am thinking he may have been right.

those are my foot prints :oops:

The blur effect is a combination of the tide moving and a strong gust of wind, but i am not sure. I have similar shots but the reflection is smooth, i like this one because of the blur effect. I believe it was shot at 1/30 or 1/45 because I didn't have my tripod with me.

The light on number 3 is odd because I found a large sheet of tin roofing i tried to use as reflector on the log. I should have taken more shots of it!

I don't even know what to say. Those are some of the most well thought out shots that I have ever seen. They make you feel like you have been there.

Most reactions

Back