Lighting? cc

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
k365ck.jpg

m8pl3n.jpg

:( yea I just learned about matrix metering and spot and center metering....

Too bad I learned too late, these I was all in matrix metering.

There is so much light on the backdrop it is reflecting back onto your model, so not good

:thumbup: You definitely have too much "wrap-around" lighting. Pull your model farther away from your backdrop.

:( yea I just learned about matrix metering and spot and center metering....

Too bad I learned too late, these I was all in matrix metering.

You don't use any of them with studio flash, These were from you studio shoot ? they should have had a flash meter for you to use, the back drop should have been about 1 stop more than your subject

I'm going to copy and paste this so I don't mess it up ....

This is how it was explained to me by the studios owner....

"It does matter. In a studio, shutter speed is essentially meaningless because of the speed of the lights, and f-stop just controls the total amount of light striking the sensor grid, not where on the grid it's metered. In Matrix all of the sensor points are metered, in center-weighted only those points near the center are metered, and in Spot Metering only the exact center point is metered (it's where the focus point is)."

I'm going to copy and paste this so I don't mess it up ....

This is how it was explained to me by the studios owner....

"It does matter. In a studio, shutter speed is essentially meaningless because of the speed of the lights, and f-stop just controls the total amount of light striking the sensor grid, not where on the grid it's metered. In Matrix all of the sensor points are metered, in center-weighted only those points near the center are metered, and in Spot Metering only the exact center point is metered (it's where the focus point is)."

BS, if you are using studio flash the metering on your camera does nothing because you are metering with a flash meter or you are setting it to say 1/125 F8 lowest ISO take a shot a check histogram and then adjust your lights or camera, but best to use a flash meter

we used a flash meter and checked histograms and all that lovely stuff.

Background is to bright I think, but good looking model though.

Are these the originals? OR are you processing these first? Are you adding any sort of preset portrait effects for "glow" or "skin blur" etc? Or even the contrast?

I might see if you can do anything about her boob-armpit line in the front of the second photo. It's not very flattering, and I'm not sure exactly what you could do to smooth it out but I'm not experienced either!

Although I am not a lighting expert and I am sure that the lighting isn't perfect it appears that the Post Processing isn't helping it.. ( atleast thats how it looks to me, not sure if anyone else would agree. )

Most reactions

Back