Lighting problem shooting Volleyball and Basketball.

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
The local collage I have been shooting for redid their indoor venue this summer. All new floor, raised the ceiling and all new lights. That is the problem. The lights used to be a mixture of lighting types. The ceiling was raised by taking out the girder system and put white ceiling tiles dispersed between a large number of 8 bulb fluorescent fixtures. It's not the dungeon that it used to be for light but now I am having a problem.

All my shots now have more digital noise, even at 800 ISO with my 30D than with the old mix of light types. None of my settings or equipment have changed. The only thing I can attribute it to is being pure fluorescent lightning. Any suggestions. This one has me stumped. I would consider sport strobes, except there is absolutely no where to hang them.

I would make sure that you aren't underexposing your shots. If you are, this is where you would begin to see noise early. That's the only thing I can think of because it shouldn't be a white-balance issue.

Try bracketing your shots and seeing if that helps.

Can we see a sample shot?

sort your white balance anyway, but I agree with the above, your camera is underexposing due to the overall brightness of the scene, use compensation or overexpose the shots by 1 -2 stops, pick which is the best exposure and stick with these settings in this venue, its all about understanding the light, don't trust the camera all of the time. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back