What's new

Lightning

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
3,573
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally! I've been trying to get a photo of lightning for months now.

This was taken a a couple minutes ago in my backyard.
 
Last edited:
Woah! Easily one of the best lightning pictures I've ever seen (due, obviously, to the foreground). Tremendous photo!
 
Finally! I've been trying to get a photo of lightning for months now.

This was taken a a couple minutes ago in my backyard.


Woooo haaaaaa! Way to go! Great image!

I was going to try this evening, but spent the afternoon shooting in Indian School park and I'm beat ...
 
now thát's a nice off-camera flash..;)


great picture.

what did you have to do, to catch this one?





pascal
 
Woah! Easily one of the best lightning pictures I've ever seen (due, obviously, to the foreground). Tremendous photo!

Wow! Thank you.

Woooo haaaaaa! Way to go! Great image!

I was going to try this evening, but spent the afternoon shooting in Indian School park and I'm beat ...

Thanks Ian!

now thát's a nice off-camera flash..;)

great picture.

what did you have to do, to catch this one?

pascal

Thank you. I sat under the overhang and pressed the shutter button! ;)
 
Last edited:
Awesome, simply awesome. I think I like the last one most because of the reflection of the lightning on the water.

Thank you! I really like the last one too. The first one is my favorite because it is the first time I was able to capture a bolt.
 
Oooo, well done! Quick trigger finger you've got there! I love that first one, as the foreground is nicely visible, and the bolt takes up lots of space. I don't have any lightning pics that I'm happy with, so I'll keep trying
 
Oooo, well done! Quick trigger finger you've got there! I love that first one, as the foreground is nicely visible, and the bolt takes up lots of space. I don't have any lightning pics that I'm happy with, so I'll keep trying

Thank you Anty! I don't have a quick enough trigger finger to catch lightning, so I used long exposures.

wow, excellent, hopefully I'll get one one day too!

Thanks! You will get one, just keep trying.
 
Well done! They're all good but I also like the last one best.

(I heard the storm but I failed to think photo opportunity.)
 
MM, wow!

Could you tell us camera, ISO, shutter speed, aperture?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom