If you look closely at the picture, your focus is towards the back of the camera. If the lens is the camera's eye, I would choose to focus on the lens. Also, since you're using a long exposure and what looks like a product shot, close your aperture so you get a bit more depth of field. The focus is too shallow.
Your light could be a bit more carefully done as well. Why light the table it's sitting on so brightly? The focus is the camera, not the table. I like how you kept the top dark and the bottom light. That is effective at bringing my eyes from the top to the bottom of the photo, which is a natural path given the camera is at the bottom of the shot. However, the light painting you performed seems haphazard and adds nothing to the composition. A carefully chosen path could work to draw your eyes in a more powerful way towards the camera, or maybe use them to accent some of the features? Give the lens a sparkle on its glass or something.
I think it's a great start though. Keep at it.