Lightroom confusion...help!

Ok...I will do that.

I'm so frustrated...stuff like this drives me up a wall :D

I've decided to just load my personal originals in to Lightroom, and leave it at that. The pictures don't seem to be in the catalogs now, even in the backups even though I didn't delete them. I moved all of the catalogs into a "Master" catalog but there were just question marks on all the pics, and loading the original catalog did the same thing. I don't know why, but at this point most of the pics are something I don't care about and anything I do care about is in the originals that I have stored. BLAH.

So far I have started to just delete photos from my originals/master catalog that I don't want anymore. Then I will look into other ways to organize. It was definitely best for me to just start over again!

Hating things that you dont understand seems counterproductive.

Dealing with 57k files takes a lot of organizing and planning, at this point organizing by date is likely your best solution.

Last edited:
Yeah...I have everything organized by date already thank goodness. I got rid of the extras they'd saved to make it easier on me. Part of the 57k files is from the catalogs. I have about 30 thousand with my originals and 20 thousand without. So going through those to try to get that down. But I've got everything organized by date and from previous years, I have it arranged by subject or event.

Most reactions

Back