lightroom import settings ??

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
when importing my raw files from my nikon camera, I am wondering if you guys check any of these boxes and make a preset, I did watch one video and it said to check white balance, process version and calibration only if you want the photos to import with the nikon camera colors. but there are allot of other things here that can be checked. I am wondering if you guys would check any of these boxes and make a preset or if you guys just choose not to have import with a preset and just import the raw file the way it is.

I have just been importing the image the way it is with out any preset for import. I did make a preset just checking the white balance, process version and calibration, and the pics look different when i use that preset vs not using any preset..

so how do you guys do it.

k
Fullscreen capture 10102014 81907 AM.jpg

It's no different than any other 'develop preset'....LR just gives you the ability to apply it when importing.

This could be handy if you have something that you know you will apply to all the images you are importing, but it's really no different than applying the preset later.

The only thing I apply on import, is my personal info & copyright with a metadata preset.

I've only been using LR for a couple of weeks, and also just use my details/copyright info. Looking at that Lens corrections might be useful, as I do that to every shot I develop...

I do not use any presets on Import. Photo shoots are all different so I will edit a few photo's from a shoot and then make a preset for
that shoot that gets applied to the similar photo's just to speed things up. Then each photo can be further tweaked from there. This
approach saves time for me.

I think i am liking no import settings my self.

Most reactions

Back