lightroom just lost all its color

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im not sure what happened but now lightroom has no saturation. i must have changed something by accedent. also now when i open anything up in photoshop it looks like crap until i change the profile from srgb back to pro-rgb, it want to goto srgb everytime i open anything.

must be some windows setting, but i changed my windows color management to pro rgb...

nevermind, stupid mistake in windows color mangement, dont try to make windows color management pro-rgb, is screws up everything.

Indeed. You should know a few things about colour management. There are three profiles:

Input profile: Lightroom uses this to determine how your camera works.
Monitor profile: The one you set in windows colour management. It tells programs how red that red colour on your screen is so that they can get it right on strange monitor. This should either be sRGB, downloaded from the monitor manufacturer's website or you calibrate yourself.
Working profile: The gamut of the file you're currently editing, so what Red is that value of (255,0,0).

You gain nothing but problems when you step up to a larger gamut without needing to. The only thing worth changing is your working profile. It's worth changing only if you print images, or have a wide gamut monitor. Otherwise there's no point and it only serves to posterise your image if you edit in 8bits, or cause you to not know how saturated the image is since your histogram clipping indicators will no longer line up with where your monitor actually clips the images.

Most reactions

Back