lightroom question (total newb question.)

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and didn't find any recent threads anway.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my logo and border to save as the final version. I get them on the pic fine (under slideshow), but when I "export" (aka save, I "assume") it only exports the changes I've made that don't include the logo and border.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, does lightroom allow you to make/use a watermark somehow?

I don't think lightroom allows you to export with your logo on unless you are printing or using an export plugin to flickr for example.

You can download a trial version at the Adobe site. I did that and while it appears to be a pretty sophisticated program aimed at professionals, it is primarily a workflow program. With my limited exposure to it, I would characterize it as a combination of Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw v4.0 with some added features.

BTW, you can tag files in Adobe Bridge.

yes, you can do it, i use LR every day.. and to do it you create your watermark then and insert it into the metadata, then in the export window you select "add copyright watermark"

OK, the only thing I have figured out works, is when in slideshow, to pick "export" and it saves it as a PDF file with no other option for saving. How do I convert it from pdf to a jpeg?

Yes she can export with watermark but that takes the copyright info from the IPTC data. That usually is just your name unless you can put a logo in there; never tried that. I think she is refering to using a logo like from her identity plate from lightroom and I don't think you can export to a file with that. But I might be wrong.

Kelly
Are you trying to use the logo you have setup in your identity plate?

Yes! Is it impossible?

Like, you knonw how you make the slideshow and you can add your identity plate and the frame? I want to save it just like that.. Is there a way?

If not, what can I do to get a frame and another logo on to my pic?

Thank you!!

Kelly,

I'm not totally conversant with Lightroom. But I DO know a couple of things:
1. In Develop, whatever you do is "global."
2. You can't Select or create Layers because ... right! ...whatever you do is "global."

I'm not being snotty here - I hope! - It just seems that what you want to do is a function that can easily be done in Photoshop, but just isn't meant to be done in LR.

Hope this might be helpful.

i just use photoshop now, but i like lightroom better for most my stuff, it seems i do alot of importing and exporting to get what i want, from light room, to photoshop (for final "indentity plate" (my name and date) then to my photobucket to get the IMG code to post online, it has to be easiar.

Kelly,

I'm not totally conversant with Lightroom. But I DO know a couple of things:
1. In Develop, whatever you do is "global."
2. You can't Select or create Layers because ... right! ...whatever you do is "global."

I'm not being snotty here - I hope! - It just seems that what you want to do is a function that can easily be done in Photoshop, but just isn't meant to be done in LR.

Hope this might be helpful.

Thanks, ya, I prefer LR for editing now. But I guess what I have to do is do my editing in LR and then export it to PS to get my logo (identity plate) and border for the final touch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back