Lightroom2 and RAW

Turnerea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been shooting in RAW and processing in LR2. I didn't realize until now that LR2 actually does do some processing- I thought it just passed the RAW file right along.I was wondering if there is a way to turn this option off?

Many of the pictures in the last batch I took looked much better while LR2 was still displaying the 'rendering preview' ie displaying the actual RAW image while actually doing the processing I'm guessing... and then looks a bit washed out and less saturated after the processing was done.

Thanks!

Erik

I noticed that too, I think the answer is to change the default develop settings to nothing.

I should have stated the things I tried....

I did look at the "Default Develop Settings" under the Preferences menu. The only box checked there, and I believe the only box checked by default, is 'apply auto grayscale mix when converting to grayscale'. I have yet to do any grayscale in LR, so this option isn't what is messing with my photos.... The 'apply auto tone adjustments' is unchecked... this seems like it is what LR is doing anyway, but I'm not sure...

Most reactions

Back