What's new

Lights and long exposure

jamesthejames

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 19, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
james-maynard@live.co.uk
i'm relatively new to the photography scene just looking for some critique on my long exposure shots, thanks

edit- there are more if interested
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_2968.webp
    $IMG_2968.webp
    180.1 KB · Views: 85
  • $IMG_2981.webp
    $IMG_2981.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 64
  • $IMG_3011.webp
    $IMG_3011.webp
    99.3 KB · Views: 92
You have exposure on them. I am not sure what you are looking for. If you are asking if you got the technique, you did. The images themselves are kind of... well... there's not a composition or story or anything. They remind me of some shots my grand daughter got when she was playing with one of my cameras.
 
It is a good exercise to learn how to ignore what your camera's meter is telling you and shoot with what you know will provide the exposure you're wanting. Not sure if the OOF is desired, though.
 
You have exposure on them. I am not sure what you are looking for. If you are asking if you got the technique, you did. The images themselves are kind of... well... there's not a composition or story or anything. They remind me of some shots my grand daughter got when she was playing with one of my cameras.

Now that...that's some C&C there, MLeeK...but then again, those are sure some photos there, james...uh...yeah...so, uh, what kind of light is/was this? What you Brits call a torch? How long are these exposures?
 
You have exposure on them. I am not sure what you are looking for. If you are asking if you got the technique, you did. The images themselves are kind of... well... there's not a composition or story or anything. They remind me of some shots my grand daughter got when she was playing with one of my cameras.

Now that...that's some C&C there, MLeeK...but then again, those are sure some photos there, james...uh...yeah...so, uh, what kind of light is/was this? What you Brits call a torch? How long are these exposures?
I just don't know what to say... or what he was aiming for... or if there was something I was missing...
 
They were a tea light and the reddish one is actually a car, they are all around 8 to 15 second, i was really just hoping to pick up some tips and get going one here so any help would be greatly welcomed
 
You've got the technique. Now go have fun with it. Whether it's a flashlight or a lighter or a car or... See what you can write, draw, make... It's a ton of fun to play with!!!
 
Man I cannot wait to see what you come up with! Sorry I don't have anything constructive to say this time around. Just wanted to let you know I am excited for your progress you will inevitably have. Good luck and I cannot wait to see the outcomes!
 
in #3, i see a car driving away to infinitude.... at least to satisfy me, that is what i see

Regards :D
 
James, head over to Flickr.com and do a search on both light painting, and then long exposure, to open your eyes to all the amazing things possible with these techniques. I am sure you will find the search inspiring!

If you get adventurous, you can have fun swinging around some burning steel wool in a wire wisk!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom