What's new

Lightstands and Light modifiers

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
9,331
Reaction score
2,724
Location
San Jose, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have:

(2) SB-600
(1) SB-800

and am on the hunt for lightstands and light modifiers with decent quality and price.

I've found these on Amazon...


These stands look halfway decent for the cost, reviews are good..
Amazon.com: LIGHT STANDS PRO HEAVY DUTY 7'6" SET OF TWO by PBL: Camera & Photo

and this convertable umbrella...
Amazon.com: CowboyStudio 40" White Satin Umbrella with Reflective Silver Backing and Removable Black Cover: Camera & Photo

This over the Cowboy Studio model for longevity.
Amazon.com: Manfrotto 026 Swivel Lite-Tite Umbrella Adapter - Replaces 2905: Camera & Photo

What do you think of these?
Is there a better product that isn't too much more costly?

Whatever I buy I want it to last. Last thing I want is to have to purchase to replace crappy quality items.

Thanks!
 
I don't have any experience with any of those. But "usually" if you want something to last your going to have to pay. Not necessarily top of the line stuff, but at least mid-grade. Usually the cheap ebay/amazon stuff doesn't hold up.
 
Yeah, I understand the cheapest probably isn't the best but I'm not looking for the best, just good and dependable for a home 'studio' type setup.


Nobody has recommendations?
 
well, If you decide to try it out let me know how good they work. sorry can't be more of a help.
 
No problem, will do :)
 
For speedlight modifiers, I have these:
Flip Flash Bracket Softbox Kit by ALZO digital (I actually have 2x of the 15" softboxes)
LS2462M2 Lastolite 24" x 24" Ezybox Hot Shoe Softbox Kit with Mark II Bracket plus the extended handle........ LS2413 Lastolite Telescopic Extension Handle, Long, for the EZBox Hotshoe, Extends from 25" to 60"
FAHCK1 Honlphoto complete Kit (Color efect)
Westcott 32" shoot through and 45" reflective umbrellas.

For light stands, I have several from 6' light duty to 13' heavy duty..... Manfrotto, Impact, PCB, Bowens, Chinese made. My advice would be not to get one that is less than 8' if you'll be doing portraits with people standing. Medium duty grade should be sufficient with speedlights up to a 24x24" softbox, but as always, some counter-weight is recommended. I also have three boom arms and they come in quite handy.

Hope this helps.
 
it does, more to research ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom