Lines appearing in photos

Ace Reject

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've a Panasonic Lumix 12m digital camera for a couple of months now and just lately on every other photo lines appear both on the screen and photos themselves.

I've included an example below. If anyone has any idea whats wrong or how to fix it i would be exremely grateful. Or if there is a way of getting rid of the lines through editing. Sorry if i've been a bit vague on the descriptive side of things, if any other information is needed ask away.

Thanks.

p1050227v.jpg

My guess is a damaged image sensor... May have gotten too much direct light... possibly by leaving the camera on and pointed at the sun.

No real fix... except getting a new camera.

That could be damage to the sensor or it could be a duff memory card. Try formatting the memory card whilst its in the camera (using the cameras format option). If that does not work try another card.

If this were a DSLR I would also say get the sensor cleaned professionally - since your's is a single fixed lens setup I assume nothing has got into the lens housing - even so if it has and has marred the sensor I have no idea if its economically viable to have it cleaned or checked.

it could be a duff memory card. Try formatting the memory card whilst its in the camera (using the cameras format option).

Its not the memory card. Digital images cannot be degraded... they either work or they don't. If the image was corrupted, it wouldn't be viewable.

Its not the memory card. Digital images cannot be degraded... they either work or they don't. If the image was corrupted, it wouldn't be viewable.
Digital images can absolutely be degraded. Look up banding, posterization, moire.....

Further there can be problems with not only the image sensor amplifiers but the A/D converter that can also degrade the image the image sensor pixels recorded.

this is incorrect. i've had visually corrupted files in the past. the majority of the image is ok except for missing blocks of pixels along the bottom or the vertical edge of the picture. when it happened to me, i put it down to the card (CF) or the card reader.

does it also occur when taking pictures in daylight? (i.e lowest ISO)

I've a Panasonic Lumix 12m digital camera for a couple of months now and just lately on every other photo lines appear both on the screen and photos themselves.

I've included an example below. If anyone has any idea whats wrong or how to fix it i would be exremely grateful. Or if there is a way of getting rid of the lines through editing. Sorry if i've been a bit vague on the descriptive side of things, if any other information is needed ask away.

Thanks.

p1050227v.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back