Wannafish
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jun 22, 2010
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Chilliwack, BC
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I'm very excited about my new Nikon D5000 and what I'll be eventually be able to do with it.
I run Linux as an operating system on my computer but the Nikon software that came with the camera is not compatible with this operating system. The Linux software that I use to transfer the files from the camera onto the computer is call F-Spot Photo Manager and does a fine job in recognizing the camera. The problem is that every file is saved twice with one being the proper "jpeg" file and the other being a file with a washed out image called a "nef" file..
Does anyone know why this is happening and what can I do stop it. Also, can I delete the "nef" file without harming the "jpeg".
I run Linux as an operating system on my computer but the Nikon software that came with the camera is not compatible with this operating system. The Linux software that I use to transfer the files from the camera onto the computer is call F-Spot Photo Manager and does a fine job in recognizing the camera. The problem is that every file is saved twice with one being the proper "jpeg" file and the other being a file with a washed out image called a "nef" file..
Does anyone know why this is happening and what can I do stop it. Also, can I delete the "nef" file without harming the "jpeg".
