Lions and Elephants and warthogs OH MY

Interestingly - now I look at it again - oddshaped as the tree is it sort of forms a natural boundary and edge along with the rock on the left side of the shot - which I think helps to contain the elephant and thus promotes the central positioning of the subject - strip out the tree and I think you would find the right side feeling empty - thus forcing one to either crop more sevearly (to really isolate the subject in the middle) or maybe something else.

What makes you think I ever came back from the first time ;)

amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing shots !
I love the elephant and the lion ones. I would like to see the lion shot with a bit of saturation in it :) Post more if u have

Interestingly - now I look at it again - oddshaped as the tree is it sort of forms a natural boundary and edge along with the rock on the left side of the shot - which I think helps to contain the elephant and thus promotes the central positioning of the subject - strip out the tree and I think you would find the right side feeling empty - thus forcing one to either crop more sevearly (to really isolate the subject in the middle) or maybe something else.

I agree the tree is interesting for the composition...centers the elephant. I mean...it could have walked anywhere in that space, but chose to cross through between the rock and tree. It was posing for you ;)

Where was this shot taken? (elephant)

Most reactions

Back