Little Ballerina

GreenNV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pic7.piczo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pics of my neice very quickly before she headed out to her dance recital, wish I had of had more time to get some better shots but her mother was in a rush so I snapped these as quickly as possible. I really need your expert opinions, what I could have done differently. I have played around with these in PSP like adjust fill-flash, saturation, brightness, sharpen. I know what you're probably gonna say, you can't tell they are ballerina shots but trust me, I was really lucky to have even gotta' these so I had to work with what I got. *LOL*
Also, the frames...love em' or hate em'...anything you can tell me, anything at all would be greatly appreciated because this is how I learn so all criticism, comments, & advice are welcomed. Thanks :)

DSC08494.jpg

DSC08492.jpg

DSC08476.jpg

DSC08474.jpg

DSC08478.jpg

DSC08482.jpg

:thumbup: I think they are adorable! I think you did a wonderful job and that her mother will be so happy!
I don't like the frame in the first one. I think if it had less opacity or was more shadowy or something, only my opinion though I think it looks too hard for the picture. ;)
Great job! :thumbup:

#3 is just absolutely adorable, the expression is priceless.

Well since you asked... ;-)

#1, is washed out, the harsh background shadow is not good, the frame blends in with her dress too much.

#2, again harsh background shadow and deer in the headlights look.

#3, GREAT! Love everything about this shot, including the frame! However, it could be a touch brighter. Increase the levels slightly to bring out the highlights and perfect (just my opinion).

#4, pretty good, very soft look to it, but maybe thats what you are trying to achieve.

#5, good color and contrast IMO.

#6, good, but not crazy about her expression, or the cut on the top part of the head, and also the fingers are cut off. Probably not the best crop choice (just my opinion).

Overall, lovely subject, and not too bad for being rushed.

NJ

If the shadow in the first too is an issue for you or the mother cloning it out isnt much of a job the backround it pretty solid. I like the higher contrast with a head on flash personally. I would rather take out a shadow than have a picture that is flat. of course these days you can bump up the contrast to do about the same thing. Far from perfect but on a print I expect it would fly okay. Of course you could do a better job.. Just an idea
52cgp6w.jpg

Thank-you so much guys. I am flattered, it sure feels great to know that people actually enjoy your efforts and I certainly appreciate all the feedback. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back