What's new

Little girl

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5,555
Reaction score
1,121
Location
Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a picture that called for me

DSC_3375_zpse594f16e.jpg
 
Unfortunately, I think you've missed focus; the point of focus appears to be the beam behind the statue's head.
 
Sadly I found in most of the trip I had yesterday the pictures cam out soft so I think this lens I used has some issues.
 
Make sure that it's not simply missed focus; use a single focusing point and place that directly over a given subject and do some test shots. Also ensure your shutter speed is sufficient when using longer focal lengths (Min SS = 1/FL)
 
Make sure that it's not simply missed focus; use a single focusing point and place that directly over a given subject and do some test shots. Also ensure your shutter speed is sufficient when using longer focal lengths (Min SS = 1/FL)
Yep that's what I did.
Zoom 210mm
Shutter 1/500
And I use centre point to focus on eyes
 
Make sure that it's not simply missed focus; use a single focusing point and place that directly over a given subject and do some test shots. Also ensure your shutter speed is sufficient when using longer focal lengths (Min SS = 1/FL)
Yep that's what I did.
Zoom 210mm
Shutter 1/500
And I use centre point to focus on eyes

With the D7000 you can fine tune the focus in camera through the menu. I believe you can front focus/back focus adjust for up to 5 lenses. I know that when I learned that trick, it really tightened up my images on some lenses I was just not enjoying to their fullest potential.
 
With the D7000 you can fine tune the focus in camera through the menu. I believe you can front focus/back focus adjust for up to 5 lenses. I know that when I learned that trick, it really tightened up my images on some lenses I was just not enjoying to their fullest potential.

I was actually thiking about that but I dont think this is the trouble, at 70mm my lens is very sharp but once I zoom it then it gets soft so I assume if it is sharp at 700m then I dont really have a lens/camera compatebility issues and rathert lens issues.
Once I build up some cash I will go and get a modern FX zoom lens with a VR and until then I still have my everyday 24-85mm lens and nifty fifty for most of my needs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom