What's new

Little League Shots (5)

max3k

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
497
Reaction score
10
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I would share some shots from a recent little league tournament.

1.

853658615_73miM-L.jpg

2.
853652477_ZRTmV-L.jpg

3.
853648954_v7mBk-L.jpg

4.
853634835_zgcYw-L.jpg

5.
853681293_Hu5au-L.jpg
 
I want your camera! They look professional, to me. I feel if they were contrasted a bit more that it would add alot more life to them though, but who am I to say? Nice shots!
 
Thanks for the compliment. I just have a Rebel XS, nothing fancy. these were taken with the kit lens. 18-55. you can see the rest of them here

some of the later shots were taken with a 70-200 2.8L IS.
 
nice shots. I think I would try opening up the aperture a little more to reduce the distraction of the background.
 
Thanks for the compliment. I just have a Rebel XS, nothing fancy. these were taken with the kit lens. 18-55. you can see the rest of them here

some of the later shots were taken with a 70-200 2.8L IS.

Better then my Coolpix L20 D: From what I see there, you're better then most photographers with the XS though. Most are out of focus or really grainy and I don't see that in your work, so props for that.
 
nice shots. I think I would try opening up the aperture a little more to reduce the distraction of the background.

Would have loved to do that, but the kit lens opens to F5.6 at the range I was shooting. Im in the hunt now for a 24-70ish 2.8 lens
 
I REally like #4; how you caught the bat, ball and everything in motion, good shot.

In #2, is he fixing to hit the ball one handed?
 
they look really good, professional and everything! nice job :)
 
#2 is one of my favs. He is actually ducking the ball so he wont get hit. As you can see in the upper right corner the ball is way over his head. (he's a short fella) and he kinda looks like a chimp in that pose. =)

#4 is my son batting. He is also the catcher. You can see those shots on the gallery site.
 
maybe it's just me, but they all look slightly underexposed. I'd pump them up in photoshop if I were you.
 
I love doing baseball shots! one of my best friends in high school played catcher, and while photographing him I managed to get a shot in where the ball was actually hitting the player in the head! (now there's a shot I'll never be able to reproduce in a million years.
These are great. #s 3 and 4 are my faves... I would like to see #5 with a little more light and contrast.
 
maybe it's just me, but they all look slightly underexposed. I'd pump them up in photoshop if I were you.

I think you're right. I did stop them down to get the shutter speed up, it was a cloudy day. i bumped the exposure some, but i think it needs some more
 
maybe it's just me, but they all look slightly underexposed. I'd pump them up in photoshop if I were you.

Personally i think that helps the atmosphere of the shot. I wouldn't change anything...
 
maybe it's just me, but they all look slightly underexposed. I'd pump them up in photoshop if I were you.

I think you're right. I did stop them down to get the shutter speed up, it was a cloudy day. i bumped the exposure some, but i think it needs some more

just fyi, "stopping down" means increasing the f-stop, which closes the aperture, letting less light in. It actually creates a need for a slower shutter speed, not a faster one. Just wanted you to have your terminology correct. :)

maybe it's just me, but they all look slightly underexposed. I'd pump them up in photoshop if I were you.

Personally i think that helps the atmosphere of the shot. I wouldn't change anything...

I don't know of a time when underexposing a shot helps it's atmosphere... especially when it's a sports action shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom