Live View in Nikon D90 vs D300

hoboahoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The owners say the D90's live view mode is worthless. Is the live view function of D300 is as useless as D90's, or significantly better, or at least the D300's live view good enough to be fully functional? If the feature is pretty much useless, I think it's rediculous to pay for a camera which includes such feature.

I don't see why it is needed you have a view finder. If you want live view get a P&S. I would not let the fact that the live is no good sway you one way or another.

The Live View in my D300 is handy, on occasion. I think I've used it twice since I've had the camera. It works well, but has limited application IMO for the type of photography normally done with an SLR - as mentioned above, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

the only thing i really use live view for is adjusting the white balance so i can see it as it's changing, rather than taking a picture every time i make an adjustment

My D300 has live view? Wow. Who the hell decided to put that in there?

:lol:

The only place I could see LV of being of any real value is in a crowd environment and you needing to shot overhead. To be able to get the shot, you have to see what the camera sees and the only true way to do that, is via a live view.

Other than that, I could easily live without it too.

I would think Live view is something they would be putting in D40s, not D300s.

I've used Live View a few times out of curiosity to see how it works. I did a couple shots like this with it. :lol: Other than that, I didn't really like the sensation with it.

Besides, LV is an energy vampire. It will also increase your shutter count each time it is activated, whether you take a picture or not.

From what I read, the D90's live view is actually an improvement over that of the D300...and it's pretty useless on the D90. Autofocus is unusably slow and hunts like Elmer Fudd.

Though badly implemented (so I've heard ) the live view for D90 is probably rather a useful feature for its video, not necessarily for the still pictures. Thanks for your comments, guys.

I own a D90. One of my reasons of buying the D90 over D80 was the Live View.

I rarely use Live View. I use it to focus better sometimes, but that's just because I'm not wearing any contacts/glasses.

And with the video, I rarely use it. One of the reason I got the D90 was the D-Movie, but I don't use it.

I don't regret buying the D90.

I own a D90. One of my reasons of buying the D90 over D80 was the Live View.

I rarely use Live View. I use it to focus better sometimes, but that's just because I'm not wearing any contacts/glasses.

And with the video, I rarely use it. One of the reason I got the D90 was the D-Movie, but I don't use it.

I don't regret buying the D90.

sarcasm?

^^ At least he/she got what they wanted.

I occasionally use live view on the D300 but it is clunky as all getout... I use it for over the head shots only.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back