Lizards in a Ghost Town

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was out shooting in a desert ghost town today...the town has been abandoned for 90+ years, however the current inhabitants were just as interested in me as I was in them, the lizard on the brown wall would let me get really close to take his pics.

all taken with a D800 body, #1-3 with a Sigma 150mm Macro lens, #4 with the nikon 14-24 @ 24mm

1- Lizard Face
lizardface.jpg

2-Get my good side
getmygoodside.jpg

3-Scales
scales.jpg

This lizard has some incredible scale texture, here's a 100% crop of the scales image that shows the texture a little better:
scales100pct.jpg

4-In the Sun (this was a different lizard, more great texture, but the sun light is just too harsh IMO. oh well)
sidelit.jpg

Last edited:
adorable shots,Keep it up.
I liked the 2nd.
it would have been better if the depth of field was increased.
best wishes..:mrgreen:

Nice set.. Like #2 best!

Nice set of images, thanks for sharing. I like the colours in the last one and the full-body view in #3 best.

adorable shots,Keep it up.
I liked the 2nd.
it would have been better if the depth of field was increased.
best wishes..:mrgreen:

thanks guys,

yeah I totally agree on the depth of field but #1 was shot at almost full 1:1 macro (I believe it was 1:1.15) #2 was a bit less in the ratio, but still in the macro range. so DOF at those ranges will be super tiny even at around f13 which is I believe what that one was shot at. I tried focus stacking but he wouldn't stay still long enough to get multiple focus distances at the same pose.

although I did have my PCE lens with me, I could have tried a tilted macro shot, it would have been difficult to get that close to him with a 24mm :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back