What's new

Local Hero

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
1,136
Reaction score
112
Location
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is Laurens Janszn Coster. The undeniable inventor of bookprinting, or at least undeniable when you're born and raised in the Dutch city of Haarlem like I am. I have no idea why the rest of the world keeps believing it was Johann Gutenberg who did the invention. Coster had his moment of genius when he carved a letter A out of a tree in the nearby park the Haarlemmer Hout. When the piece of bark fell into the sand he came up with the idea of how to print books. The rest is history :mrgreen:


IMG_0827.jpg
 
That's quite a story.
Nice image. Good focus and the colors work well against the sky.
 
I don't know, I don't know... I still want to believe that "our" (:greenpbl: ) good old Gutenberg invented moveable lettering... Wanna fight? ;) ;) ;)

Long-lens photo?
I like it.
And apparently you, too, have had (still have?) some wonderful weather of late, eh?
 
Great shot, whether he managed it first or otherwise!!

Rob
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom