location help

Sublime1304

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.next-level-designs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure where this goes on the forum but I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that can help me find locations to shoot. I do a lot of driving around looking for spots. A lot of what I photograph is cars and I like doing landscapes and scenery as well.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way where I can track all of my locations for future reference. Like an app or site where I can mark all of the locations I shoot at so I dont always have to rely on memory. I mean I could buy a physical map and mark it that way but something easier would be nice. Help is much appreciated. Thanks

One of the local non-profit fitness places around here has a great map of trails and natural areas on their website, to encourage people to get outside. Literally hundreds of places, some of them you'd never know about because they're tucked into tiny neighborhoods and not state run. That's been keeping my busy for a while, I have a list of 20 or so bookmarked that I still want to check out. Maybe look for something similar in your area? People who coordinate runs and bike rides? Trail maintenance volunteers? Those folks always have some kind of reference for scenic areas.

I could buy a physical map and mark it that way but something easier would be nice.

What could be simpler than marking an 'x' on a map? No technology other than a pencil, no web sites to look up, no passwords to remember, no batteries or power sources to contend with, easily portable, easily updated, easily explained, easily understood.

I agree with patrice....it doesn't get much easier than using a map and a pencil.

That being said, I believe that a typical GPS unit will allow you to save locations. So all you would have to do, is find your location then save it on the GPS.

On your computer, you could use Google Maps or Google Earth to save locations.

Most reactions

Back