Loch Hourn waterfall

I like the perspective you've used to frame the waterfall but I think you can utilize the watercourse as an avenue for the eye to follow to the falls. Very subtle in that I only slightly lowered the intensity of light on the rocks whilst keeping most of the water as you presented it keeping the eye moving upward rather than trying to make sense of the jumbled rocks below.

weepete.jpg

Nice waterfall shot, but for me the waterfall itself, the main subject, is lost in an assorted collection of rocks and tree limbs. Personally, I love to photograph waterfalls, and if it had been me, I think I would have gotten a bit closer so that the falls fills more of the frame. I find all the rocks in the foreground a bit distracting as the white spots on them tend to grab the reader's attention, at least they did mine, before I actually saw the falls.

WesternGuy

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

Nice waterfall shot, but for me the waterfall itself, the main subject, is lost in an assorted collection of rocks and tree limbs. Personally, I love to photograph waterfalls, and if it had been me, I think I would have gotten a bit closer so that the falls fills more of the frame. I find all the rocks in the foreground a bit distracting as the white spots on them tend to grab the reader's attention, at least they did mine, before I actually saw the falls.

WesternGuy

Thanks mate, I'll take that on board going forward.

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

Thanks mate

Great composition...I agree with the edit. I think letting the highlights in the foreground makes the waterfall pop more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. It wasn't a big waterfall, so I was interested in the way the tree kinda framed the shot and the pools were echoed in the foreground. The day was very overcast and rainy so the colours were really saturated. I cut out the grey sky and couldn't include more of the tree unfortunatley, also with the rocks being slippy and wet the compositional options were limited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back