Lock up your sons... I'm coming to AMERICA!!!!

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
WOOO!!! Yep, my family and I are visiting America in December/January for 4 whole weeks of indulgent adventure.

First off we hop on a cruise from Ft Lauderdale and cruise the Caribbean for about 12 days. http://www.rssc.com/voyage/details.jsp?code=NAV071217

Then we have nothing else planned.

All we know is that we have to leave from New York 2.5 weeks after we get back from the cruise.

We thought of hiring a Campervan (i think they're called RV's in the US) and working our way up the coast. Does anyone have experience with this? or know of a good website for me to look at?

Where should we stop? What awesome cities/monuments/etc are there to check out on the East Coast?

Thanks for any help,,,, you guys are awesome!

If you want to make your way through Baltimore, I think I could rustle up some hospitality :D

I'm sure you know by now that DC is a must, so I'll see you then :lol:

hit the smoky mountains, or come to the coast of Mississippi or Alabama or Louisiana. Just all depends on what you want to see or do.

I thought all the tourists ARE on the west coast?? aren't they?

I didn't think the east coast was a big tourist destination. hehehe ah well.... I can't even remember the last time I looked at a map of the US east coast.

some parts of the east coast are tourist traps, other are not. just depends on where you go. When I leave the area of comfort I tend to find the backwood country roads and get as lost as I can that why im away from all the tourist areas and I get to enjoy the area for what it is not what they want you to belie it is. ( did that make any sense)

Meysha, check this link:

Cruise_America

I had a friend of mine from Germany rent his for almost a month and he was very happy with it. I also rented one for a week in San Francisco this past summer, very happy with it.

Try them...

If you come to the West Coast, drop on by to visit the Grand Canyon, Canyon De Chelly, Monument Valley in Arizona. And when there, stop on by for an espresso or two. ;)

so if you are already hiring a campervan why not visit Poland? it is not so far away..... :p

Well it seems as though the parents are off the idea of a campervan. They reckon it might be a bit icy on the roads up north. I've got no idea.

So we'll probably car and hotel it. A bit more expensive, but safer they figure.

hehehehe... we've already done the west coast. But that was a long time ago - 1992!! If you guys treat us nice though, we might come back next year and do the campervan thing.

Most reactions

Back