Log Cabin, Mt. Penn, Pa

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a cabin I stumbled on today about 10 minutes from my house. The odd thing is, it's right in the middle of an upper scale housing development. I've driven within a half of a block of it many times and never knew it was there. C&C is always welcome

$Log Cabin, Mt Penn, Pa.jpg

Last edited:
quite nice mate, I'd probably do a bit of selective lightening of the whites on the cabin, lighten up the shadowed area of the porch and the LHS of the roof slightly if it were me mate. I think I'd also have liked to see a bit more of the tree on the right too.

Last edited:
Like the perspective. Out of curiosity, what was your distance and height? also focal length?

Thanks. The mortar appears darker because it's a shade of tan, unlike the typical white mortar.

Like the perspective. Out of curiosity, what was your distance and height? also focal length?

Thanks
I was about 20-25 yards.
Simply standing. The cabin is more, less level from the road.
Focal length was the prime 50

I took my 135 , 50 and 28 along. The 50mm fit the scene the best. I couldn't move back for the 135 and the property is posted preventing moving in for the 28

Weepete said{quite nice mate, I'd probably do a bit of selective lightening of the whites on the cabin, lighten up the shadowed area of the porch and the LHS of the roof slightly if it were me mate. I think I'd also have liked to see a bit more of the tree on the right too.}.....you gotta be kidding with that piece of C&C.. That's a nice photo, rick

Weepete said{quite nice mate, I'd probably do a bit of selective lightening of the whites on the cabin, lighten up the shadowed area of the porch and the LHS of the roof slightly if it were me mate. I think I'd also have liked to see a bit more of the tree on the right too.}.....you gotta be kidding with that piece of C&C.. That's a nice photo, rick

Thanks. My record shots normally don't get that kind of praise.:wink:

Nice discovery, Rick. The spatter of snow on the roof makes me want to see more of it, possibly capturing your subject in a snowfall to enhance the mood. Of course we've had plenty of opportunities for that recently! :confused:

Thanks FanBoy, You may be on to something with the snow falling.
I know you're from this area. Its over in Pennside off of Carsonia Ave. on Endich Ave. Very strange location. There's modern chairs on the porch but the snow hasn't been touched, and it's posted

Most reactions

New Topics

Back