Logo help!

kitkatdubs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently in the process of creating my website and need some opinions on my logo. Which version do you like better? The one with a line underneath OR the one without. Thanks!

Attachments

• version1.png
    version1.png
    753.2 KB · Views: 160
  • version2.png
    version2.png
    755.9 KB · Views: 168
Just had a look at your site. I like the logo with a line but about half as thick.
One word of caution on your site is I see you have a tab for a blog. If you intend to keep this you MUST update the blog at least weekly. If you let it go for a month or more people may think you've gone out of business or just don't care enough to update. Either thought will cost you inquiries.

Just had a look at your site. I like the logo with a line but about half as thick.
One word of caution on your site is I see you have a tab for a blog. If you intend to keep this you MUST update the blog at least weekly. If you let it go for a month or more people may think you've gone out of business or just don't care enough to update. Either thought will cost you inquiries.

I really don't think that is true. I went 6 months without updating my blog because I was slammed with inquiries. And here in Jan slow month I am still getting them. The real benefit of frequent blogging is SEO. I don't know many pro photographers who blog weekly [emoji16]

I think the line emphasizes the uneven quality of the lettering; even though that's intentional it has more of a hand done quality. I don't think it pairs so well with the line or with the lettering like Portfolio, that seems harsh by comparison.

I think you could do a mix of uneven lettering with more precise letters, or of all caps and upper with lower case, but it somehow needs to work together. The proportion and size and font all needs to be considered.

I prefer the one without the line - just looks "cleaner" to me.
One issue with the logo is that it takes up quite a bit of vertical real estate on a screen ... and vertical space is precious.
Having the logo above your menu bar means you have two relatively significant blocks of "empty" on the left and right of it.
You might consider putting your logo say on the left of the menu bar?
Either way good luck :1247:

Without line is much better to my eye. The lettering gives it a home grown appearance (I am guessing that is what you are looking for).
Looking at your current site the emphasis seems to be placed on a definite corporate feel which suits the pics included on the site. If you are looking to expand into family portraiture why not just add another dedicated page.

Your info page is ruined by
DREAM BIG. HUSTLE HARDER.

That statement is truly cringeworthy. To me the implications from that statement are:
  • you will extract every penny you can from me
  • your morals allow you to rip me off
  • you are too busy to spend the appropriate time on my project
  • you will not accept criticism or suggestions
  • you will be an aggressive person to deal with
If that suits your clientele then fine, if that is what you want to project then fine. I dont live in NYC so it might be appropriate.

Is your name that popular? are you related to the other Katelyn Rose Photography in Pittsburgh and Cleveland?
kr1.jpg

Last edited:
No line.

Also, you have a couple of Skype notifications. Sometimes I curse in my folder titles, too. Also, what were you making? Waffles? I could totally eat some waffles right now.

I am currently in the process of creating my website and need some opinions on my logo. Which version do you like better? The one with a line underneath OR the one without. Thanks!
Maybe because of where you placed it, I think the one with the underline works better. The line separates your logo from the portfolio image. Place the logo elsewhere on the page and the line will no longer serve any function.

No line. @407370 makes valid points. Fact, the line implies you are more important than your photography. It is the photography that will make you more important (in relation to business). Leave the line out, it is not needed and offers nothing. You are building a brand, focus on that and your strengths while implementing into the logo. I like the logo as it tells me your into children photography? Am I correct? If yes, you did good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back