Logo on Facebook photos very pixelated!!

In all seriousness, do you affix your watermark after you re-size or when it's in its original size?

I place it as a vector image, I don't change the size at all. It's a fixed size in the .eps file.

The .eps vector file gets converted to a raster graphic so it's compatible with the raster graphic JPEG file type.

You have to set the pixel dimensions you want the image to be on the web, add the vector watermark at an appropriate size, then convert the image to JPEG, which flattens it.

I am a a part of a photographer page on Facebook, and this particular photographer was having the same issue as you about pixelation, so much so that she contacted Facebook, and they replied saying that the loss of detail is a known issue that they are "working on" and trying to fix... Its nothing to do with the file types or sizes you save it as. In the process of uploading it to Facebook their up loader does something to the quality of images...

Thank you so much, Ryanwaff, that's exactly what I needed to hear I think. I carefully analyzed other photos on Facebook and noticed just about EVERY picture with type on it has pixels around it. And if it's a worldwide issue, I guess there's nothing I can do about it. So I'll go and upload them anyway.

I am a a part of a photographer page on Facebook, and this particular photographer was having the same issue as you about pixelation, so much so that she contacted Facebook, and they replied saying that the loss of detail is a known issue that they are "working on" and trying to fix... Its nothing to do with the file types or sizes you save it as. In the process of uploading it to Facebook their up loader does something to the quality of images...

Thank you so much, Ryanwaff, that's exactly what I needed to hear I think. I carefully analyzed other photos on Facebook and noticed just about EVERY picture with type on it has pixels around it. And if it's a worldwide issue, I guess there's nothing I can do about it. So I'll go and upload them anyway.

Where I'm not saying it's wrong.. I have pics on FB with my watermark and no pixelation on the watermark.. and it's text.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back