What's new

London: The Millenium Dome at Sunset

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
662
Reaction score
11
Location
London, UK
The Dome was a huge waste of public money, but almost forgivable as it makes for some great pictures :)

Pbase is playing up so I've put links below the pictures if you can't see them.

original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/sam_blackie/image/53419504

As the sun set, we moved higher to get a better angle on the dome and the skyscrapers

original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/sam_blackie/image/53419505

original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/sam_blackie/image/53420946

original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/sam_blackie/image/53419506
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
nice work! like the texture in the fg on the first yes.. but as an overall pic like the comp and exposure in the last one
thanks for sharing :)
 
Love the BW...nice angle on the FG.
3 and 4 are sweet shots as well. :D nice work.
 
That first one is amazing! As you say the dome was a disaster, but it's a distinctive one!

Rob
 
it looks nice :) I've seen it :) but on your pictures it looks way better :D
 
I've been to London twice since they built the Dome, and I've walked past it about a billion times.

I have to say, I have never really seen it as you have made me see it. I LOVE the foreground in the first pic. Where were you for that shot?
 
Thanks all, I'm glad you like them :)

Jo - we walked around until we found access to the river through an industrial estate. Then we found a set of steps leading from the quey side down to the river bed.
 
I prefer the last one with CW in shot.


It's no longer caled the Millennium dome, but rather 'The 02'

Currently being built inside it is a 26,000 capacity Arena.
 
I really like that brick walkway thing in the first one. great pictures!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom