London Train Station

J_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I haven't really posted for quite a while because I thought I would practice a bit more before posting again.

I'm back with this picture I really liked of the London Chunnel to Paris during the morning hours.

I like how the picture goes from dark to light as well as kinda lead into the distance, but I'm not sure if the horizontal lines of the ceiling is distracting though. I already cropped out a large chuck of the ceiling too...

Thought please (C & C) :)
I would greatly appreciate for this not to be a no reply thread haha.

IMG_0607.jpg

PS: Pic doesn't seem this blurry on my desktop... I think a combination of uploading to a photo sharing site and reducing the quality made it this way.

Last edited:
This looks interesting to me. It's quite realistic, busy picture with an intricate net of lines and strings of pearl like lights. Good feel of perspective.
What I would like to see is the full front of the nearest car. That would put the picture and a viewer firmly on the ground and eliminate the levitation feeling I have.

I'm back with this picture I really liked of the London Chunnel to Paris during the morning hours.

I like how the picture goes from dark to light as well as kinda lead into the distance, but I'm not sure if the horizontal lines of the ceiling is distracting though. I already cropped out a large chuck of the ceiling too...

PS: Pic doesn't seem this blurry on my desktop... I think a combination of uploading to a photo sharing site and reducing the quality made it this way.

This is a very difficult scene to capture in one frame, but you have done very well. I like this shot for its complexity form and range of values. Very interesting.

This looks interesting to me. It's quite realistic, busy picture with an intricate net of lines and strings of pearl like lights. Good feel of perspective.
What I would like to see is the full front of the nearest car. That would put the picture and a viewer firmly on the ground and eliminate the levitation feeling I have.
Thank you timor.
I was on top of a platform so next time I'm in a train station I'll keep that in mind haha.

This is a very difficult scene to capture in one frame, but you have done very well. I like this shot for its complexity form and range of values. Very interesting.
Thank you Designer :)

This is where busyness really works :thumbsup:

Thanks Frequency :)
I was worried the picture would be a bit too busy haha

Wow. I really like the lines in this photo. I think it is kind of funny how many of the globe lights are burned out. If they were all working, then the dark/light effect would not be as well defined. I always have a hard time taking good photos when part of the subject is light and the other part is dark. What type of metering did you use on your camera? Did you meter on the dark or light part, or use adpative metering so it took and average?

Wow. I really like the lines in this photo. I think it is kind of funny how many of the globe lights are burned out. If they were all working, then the dark/light effect would not be as well defined. I always have a hard time taking good photos when part of the subject is light and the other part is dark. What type of metering did you use on your camera? Did you meter on the dark or light part, or use adpative metering so it took and average?
Thanks ProsPhotos :)

And I was lucky in terms of the light and dark because the dark part was quite dark, but luckily I could expose for the dark area (the train) since the light was an soft early morning light so the light area was not blown out. I usually spot metering (on the dark part) for this kind of photography though. You could try using the HDR photo technique too.

Most reactions

Back