Lonely Lake

I really like this photo! Man the sun hitting the tip of the mountain couldnt be any better !!

Nice compo, the reflection and the foreground are great!

Great Shot! I wonder if anyone would mind if I built a cabin about 50ft to the right of where you're standing

Scenic vistas, rocky coasts?! Its not fair! I am moving in with you...

runnah said:
Scenic vistas, rocky coasts?! Its not fair! I am moving in with you...

Don't forget waterfalls and deserts too!

Thanks all. Lake trillium is a fun place to shoot. Especially if the water is perfectly still.

I like it, basically.

It feels sort of like it wants to be portrait, though. All the.. uh.. visual drive is near to far, vertical in the frame. While there are many nice things in the frame, I feel like a slightly different vantage point (slightly left of where this was shot from) could have compressed the important things horizontally, and given you a vertical framing of the same material, with the same lovely progression of foreground/lake/mountain neatly falling into vertical thirds.

Just an idea, and one you probably shot and didn't like as well.

I like it, basically.

It feels sort of like it wants to be portrait, though. All the.. uh.. visual drive is near to far, vertical in the frame. While there are many nice things in the frame, I feel like a slightly different vantage point (slightly left of where this was shot from) could have compressed the important things horizontally, and given you a vertical framing of the same material, with the same lovely progression of foreground/lake/mountain neatly falling into vertical thirds.

Just an idea, and one you probably shot and didn't like as well.

Interesting idea. This was one of many compositions around this lake, you're right, but don't think I ever shot a vertical at this particular spot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back