What's new

Caddo Lake

Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,198
Location
Orland Park, IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I visited Caddo Lake last week. Caddo Lake is located on the Texas Louisiana border. It has a unique beauty with its ancient cypress trees and Spanish moss.

The best way to see the lake is by getting out on the water. I hired a guide to show me the lake from his bass fishing boat. My guide probably knows Caddo Lake better than anyone on the planet. He has been out on the water for 200-300 days per year over the past 40 years. He was telling me how one of his earliest memories was seeing the lake from his backyard as a four year old boy. It was enjoyable spending time with him during four excursions for a total of ten hours on the water.

Photographers usually go to Caddo Lake in November as that provides the best chance for fog and for autumn colors. During my first two days there was very little color and no fog. I never did experience the fog, but on the third day my guide took me to the Louisiana side of the lake and we found some color.

I also spent some time in nearby Jefferson and Marshall...both historic East Texas cities. I'll share photos from those cities in future posts.

1
p1222974684-6.jpg


2
p1222974694-6.jpg


3
p1222974690-6.jpg


4
p1222974696-6.jpg


5
p1222974681-6.jpg


6
p1222974693-6.jpg


7
p1222974682-6.jpg


8
p1222974697-6.jpg


9
p1222974695-6.jpg


10
p1222974689-6.jpg


11
p1222974700-6.jpg


12
p1222974688-6.jpg


Thanks for looking and Happy Thanksgiving!
Glenn
 
Another drive-by photo dump...
 
I visited Caddo Lake last week. Caddo Lake is located on the Texas Louisiana border. It has a unique beauty with its ancient cypress trees and Spanish moss.

The best way to see the lake is by getting out on the water. I hired a guide to show me the lake from his bass fishing boat. My guide probably knows Caddo Lake better than anyone on the planet. He has been out on the water for 200-300 days per year over the past 40 years. He was telling me how one of his earliest memories was seeing the lake from his backyard as a four year old boy. It was enjoyable spending time with him during four excursions for a total of ten hours on the water.

Photographers usually go to Caddo Lake in November as that provides the best chance for fog and for autumn colors. During my first two days there was very little color and no fog. I never did experience the fog, but on the third day my guide took me to the Louisiana side of the lake and we found some color.

I also spent some time in nearby Jefferson and Marshall...both historic East Texas cities. I'll share photos from those cities in future posts.

1
p1222974684-6.jpg


2
p1222974694-6.jpg


3
p1222974690-6.jpg


4
p1222974696-6.jpg


5
p1222974681-6.jpg


6
p1222974693-6.jpg


7
p1222974682-6.jpg


8
p1222974697-6.jpg


9
p1222974695-6.jpg


10
p1222974689-6.jpg


11
p1222974700-6.jpg


12
p1222974688-6.jpg


Thanks for looking and Happy Thanksgiving!
Glenn
Beautiful images!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom