Lonely Swings

Ra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is my first post in the Critique gallery, tell me what you think

Swings-R.jpg

Thanks

Very nice subject, but I think the background is a bit too distracting.

i like the DOF. the background works for the extreme vertical pattern you got going.

I go with JonMikal here, saying: WOW, all those lines, all through the picture. That has been instantly appealing to me. However, with all the vertical lines I still miss the one horizontal one: the top of the swings. Don't know why I miss that one so...???

I like the lines, sharpness and the DOF but it's too big to view properly.

Try to keep your images under 800x600 so that it will fit onto most people's monitors.

I love the idea, but I think there are too many competing verticals in the background which distract from the chains on the swings.

You could try reducing the DOF to blur the background lines, or possibly try taking the shot from the other end of the swings (of course I don't know what was behind you, so that may not be an option)

I keep coming back and looking at this photo. As I scroll down, my eyes stay on the swing's chain. I don't find the background to distracting at all. The title is fitting. I like it very much. Great photo.

Nice image, but I wouldn't say they're lonely :) They ahve plenty of playground to be with ;) And yeah the background is too distracting, not even the most shallow DOF could help :/ Whats on the other sides? Maybe tose angles are less distracting. But it looks like it's filled with houses all around :/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back