What's new

lonely vigil

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
chair033112.jpg
 
I like it but I feel it's missing something that I can't put my finger on it.

Have you tried cropping out the pavement and the plant? I find they give the photo too much to look at and draw your attention away from the subject.
 
Thanks guys! I agree it's missing something but I can't figure it out either. I don't want to crop the bottom because I think the few weeds and the cracks add to the lonely feeling of it, and also just showing what's on top of the loading dock lacks context. Perhaps I feel I need the context because the chair itself is not that interesting looking, which may be the problem after all.
 
Maybe consider a BW conversion as well. I would probably try the crop. I really like the texture the rust is giving.

I'll try BW and post it later - thanks for the suggestion.
 
Here is a BW version of the original post and another crop of the original color version without the weeds and pavement, and with more wall above the chair


chair033112_3.jpg



chair033112_2bw.jpg


I think the BW works better than the original post, but I don't really like the cropped color version.
 
KenC said:
Here is a BW version of the original post and another crop of the original color version without the weeds and pavement, and with more wall above the chair

I think the BW works better than the original post, but I don't really like the cropped color version.

I agree the BW works much better and also better than the crop. It's gives it a much different tone to the image.
 
Hey, KenC, that is not a good decision to chop that little shrub from bottom...that is the life of this image
 
Thanks guys! At this point I think I'll stick with the BW version.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom