Long Exposure during Daytime issues

thuylinhphuong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pressure From Peers

I busted my left wrist attempting to ollie Wallenberg behind for the Berg contest. How to know what size of skateboard should I need to get It had been once they had the women attempting to ollie it. I had been peer pressured into transporting it. I did not want to get it done. They stunning much described to be able to I'm capable of continue that trip was basically attempted to ollie it. I stored sliding out. I up my hip, too, however that improved rapidly. I assumed I merely sprained my wrist i must admit i have to admit i must say i seriously anxiously waited most likely six a few days to visit a clinical facility. I separated both of these bones together with to acquire pins inside. I had been within the cast for just two a few days.

EXPLODED ANKLE

I had been attempting to noseslide the small seven-stair hubba at Blackbox, i am unable to noseslide for ****. Which was the very first time I can to noseslide anything besides a company ledge. Once I'll be a youthful child learning noseslides, I'd always enter crooks well, irrrve never learned them. I proven up primo and fractured some bone together with bone spurs and stuff.

My physician attempted to tell me that I'd be fine and back skating by 50 percent days, nonetheless it elevated to acquire like five a few days. I chose over train within the boot for just two a few days and additionally it had been shitty. I Then hurt that exact same ankle again soon after it healed after i was trying a crooked grind in Canada which was within my part. I suppose I folded the **** from my ankle applying this. Same factor however just stored skating afterward with regards to this.

Take A Look At MY PINKY Feet

I broke my pinky feet using one, too. Irrrve never began by using this examined, and possess had the chance to skate by using this, nonetheless this process looks jacked.

BLACKOUT

After I was 13, Knowledgeable about this gap to lipslide inside the indoor park close to the house. I proven up it, and my buddy folded away and did not trust me that folks achieved it. Well, I'll it again and proven inside the kink and visited my face. I type of blacked out for each second and in addition it absolutely was drooling and ****. I ultimately found. I merely felt crazy because I'd didn't have which happen before.

SLED FACE
california-skateboarding-culture-skater-1970s-locals-only-hugh-holland-20.jpg

After I reaches third grade, I had been sledding within my backyard. It'd not snowed inside the few days, in order that it was only ice. My whole backyard was completely iced over. My sled got caught on something i travelled inside the patch of ice face-first along with whole right side of my face was bloody and crawled up, but my left side was fine. I visited school each day and everyone known as me sledface. Which was an enjoyable experience.

HORSE SACK

It absolutely was before 4th grade. I had been attempting to climb this 8-foothigh shed when using the house, and my pals i propped up a wood horse beside it. A few my pals automobile up i used to be the most effective anybody to enhance, and my ft tucked within the horse i racked the **** within the horse so bad. I had been pissing bloodstream stream stream for just two primary days. I had been crying and for that reason sketched out. I did not need to tell my parents did not need to must be aware the doctor for the like, nonetheless it elevated to acquire normal right after days. best complete skateboards

NEW SHOE BLUES

I merely broke my wrist on friday. I had been attempting to skate this rail in Hillcrest with new footwear. The organization-new footwear blues. These were pretty challenging acquainted with. I Then was skating flatground and thought these were feeling ready i'd jump lower the rail that everybody else was. It has been a a a serious amounts of looked fun which jazz. Then simply just simply with one try, I completely missed my pop from lots of grip inside the shoe. I walked within the rail and fell inside my wrist.

It had been the initial factor coming within the floor. This process exploded. I do not figure out what went reduced it. It appears so jacked. I decided over visit a hospital immediately. I elevated to acquire there all day long lengthy and additionally they attempted to get me to speculate the evening. The entire factor was only really shitty. I proven up in this region getting surgery soon after. It isn't too shabby now. It must be better more than a amount day or two. I have been navigating around inside the cruiser board recently. I'm unsure where my real board is. I type of dropped it intentionally.

LOVE HANDLED

I can to boardslide the eco-friendly SDSU kinked rail that Jon Allie and Adrian Lopez skate a great deal within the old Zero videos. I kickflipped the 5-stair before, i used to be all hyped searching to obtain this line. So, I selected boardslide within the rail and completely missed. I merely racked the kink completely and did a front change to my hip.

I dislocated my lard, like my love-handles, and additionally it am bruised I am unable stroll for every day or two. I assumed I ruptured something or did something serious to my hip. I did not think it might appear like such as this. I merely dislocated my lard real good. I merely notice my lard unsure products to discover it. The particular rack did not hurt hit within my leg. It had been mostly only the lard that got hurt.

POP STAR

It had been within the Wild Ride tour amount of formerly. Essentially, I had been just trying to carry out a kickturn inside the FDR park. That park is mad fun, however was only trying to carry out a kickturn over that section i tucked out and longtime of my arm completely up. It had been touching my ear. I felt it come inside immediately.

It hurt for every few days afterward, however could still skate. This process progressively will come out. I am unable to complete certain methods since it will come out. It had been well, i obtained surgery with regards to this. I tore some crucial ligament inside. Which was shitty, too. what size skateboard

That happened like amount of formerly i have to admit i must say i seriously anxiously waited several a couple of days to acquire surgery with regards to this. It elevated to acquire fine because the surgery, thankfully.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I´m afraid this is not possible to explain without going further into the detail of Exposure, but I´ll try to keep it short.
Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO are the factors that determine the brightness of your image.
Cameras are limited in their settings, so these three components alone cannot create a well exposed image in daylight if you ramp the shutter speed to 30-40 seconds. That´s why you experienced the over exposed image and you needed a very dark "piece of glass" aka ND 1000 Filter to lower the brightness further.

Shutter Speed: the longer your shutter is opened, the more light will get onto your sensor - since you open 30-40sec - that is a huuuuuuuge lot of light during daytime.
ISO: the lower the darker (so for your purpose, always use ISO 100)
Aperture: This in fact is the size of the opening in your lens. The bigger, the more light will get onto your sensor again. What you want is less light, so you have to make the opening smaller. That´s where it gets a little "complicated" - to make the aperture smaller, you have to choose a bigger number (the numbers result from mathematical calculations, but don´t let that confuse you).

To sum things up: if you are shooting on a sunny day you need to lower the ISO to 100 AND increase the aperture - you probably need the highest number your lens supports, that would probably be f22. My calculations tell me though, that you´d even need f32.
Solution if f22 doesn´t work: use a faster shutter speed (20sec).

And finally a short help to remember:

brighter imagedarker image
Shutter speed shorter (we say faster):x
Shutter speed longer (slower):x
Aperture smaller (bigger number):x
Aperture bigger (smaller number):x
ISO lower:x
ISO higher:x
Add an ND-Filter:x
Remove ND-Filter:x
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Does that help?

Edit: anybody has an idea how to delete the tables below? :D

Last edited:
Info for all forum users: there seems to be a bug. If you ever decide to use a table in your post, NEVER EVER edit your post again - it will get totally screwed up.

You are adding a 10 stop filter that means you need to add 10 stops to the measures exposure.

Sounds like you should study up on the exposure triangle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys

I am fairly new so excuse my ignorance..

I have a Nikon 7200 and using 18-105mm lens 67mm, And using a tripod.

I am trying to get a 30-40 sec picture UNDER M(Manual) Setting, BULB and F4.5

ISO-150. So After successfully getting nice Long exposure images during nighttime, i wanted to also create some water and cloud movement with long exposure during daytime, I realized it's not that easy! So i search on the internet why my images comes out blank white and i found that i need ND 10 stops filter to lower the light exposure. I purchased 67mm ND1000 Filter Neutral Density ND 1000 67 10 Stop Optical Glass to help reduce the overexposed pictures i had.

I took this morning few pictures with same setting (BULB and F4.5

ISO-150-200) and realized it helped but the image is still overexposed and way to much light.

i switched the Auto WB to DAYTIME White balance, Still No Good.

I'm lost and not sure what to do :( CAN ANYBODY PLEASE ADVISE?

Many thanks for your time.

You need to manually work out what your exposure time will be, and doing it with a bulb exposure is the hardest way. If you are using a 10 stop filter, you'll need to work out what your base settings are first, so set up and meter the scene (using your cameras in built light meter), set the exposure to what you want, note the settings, set your focal point then switch the lens to manual focus. Put the ND filter on then move the exposure 10 stops (or 30 clicks if your shutter speed is set to 1/3 of a stop incraments).

So lets say for example you've worked out an inital exposure without the ND filter would be f16, ISO 100, 1/100th of a sec, you'd need to put your filter on and change the shutter speed to 10 seconds (10 stops or 30 clicks) for the long exposure. PS don't forget to cover the viewfinder!

As they mentioned already ... you need to calculate what the shutter speed would be since you are in bulb.
example ... if your camera without the filter is displaying 1/2000 @ f/4.5 ... then double the speed ten times ... 1/1000 - 1/500 - 1/250 - 1/125 - 1/75 - 1/35 - 1/15 - 1/8 - 1/4 - 1/2 ... so over that you will get over the exposure your camera wants ... time to increase the aperture to lower the initial shutter speed.

Using f22 would be a start. Then meter and use the shutter speed the meter recommends. It will still likely be long enough to give you some of the motion blur you want in the water. Just basic exposure practice. If not, then using a neutral density filter would be the next step.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back