long exposure shots from my hometown

is the light hitting that bike just a regular street light? it's kind of strange... in the first shot the way it's lit totally reminds me of a stage... like the set of a play or something.

I'm with Carli; I like the lighting in that first bike shot. I disagree that there has to be motion or something in a shot like that to make it interesting....it's a broken, lonely cast aside bike, nicely lit and composed. A stark image - I dig those. A white mat and simple black frame would set this image off beautifully.

I am just getting into night photography myself and appreciate the difficulty of finding anything to shoot at first. I actually like your sign shot the best - again, just because it's devoid of action - although some ghosting of people going through would kick up a shot like that. Keep trying!

thanks! it's the light of a lonely lamppost. I like the light of that, it gives a sort of a golden glow to everything.

This picture was taken at a very sloppy district, got the attention of some wanderers, but they didn't disturb me.

I agree with terri about having people in your shots, but since it's very long exposure (this one about 10 seconds) you must find somebody that can pose that long. Going to try that too!

ok... different monitor and I can see it. I am going to give that other monitor away to some word junky.

The lighting is very unique and the shadows are interesting. However the bik is centered in the picture and lacks a little content. Of the bikes the first one is my favorite as it begins to tell a story.

Any other color of a street light just would not have done the trick.

Nice shot, and I apologize for the previous comments... I feel like an idiot with a bad monitor. Like I said that monitor is history.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back