Long time viewer first time poster

onin2bb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone this obviously my first post. Always been scared to post. But i want to get better so here are some pics of my nephews. Fire away.

Attachments

• $image-3903258657.jpg
    $image-3903258657.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 190
  • $image-2553603912.jpg
    $image-2553603912.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 183
  • $image-1648233028.jpg
    $image-1648233028.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 178
  • $image-3987414571.jpg
    $image-3987414571.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 163
These all feel a bit soft to me. Not sure if you've got technical problems in shooting, or if they're just overJPEGed or something.

LOVE the first one. What a great setup, what a great instant in time. The desaturated look works pretty well here, to de-emphasize the green shirt, so the joke is a little less in your face.

Second one is cute, but basically kind of formulaic. Doesn't really grab me.

Third one is quite nice. I like the distribution of figures across the frame, there's a good sense of balance here. Not sure about the vignette, but the b&w/sepia/vignette do play consistently together as a coherent look. Another look might have served just as well, maybe? The wide frame is somewhat cinematic, so another look would want to respect that, as this vintage one does.

The last one just feels oversaturated and meh, I consider it to be the weakest of the lot. Not BAD by any means (apart from the softness) but just a short of blah professional-ish shot of a bunch of kids who got dressed up to have their picture taken.

1 is nice but it would be better if they were all actually looking at the camera

2 is alright, but you could crop off the top half of the picture

3 is my favorite

4 is.. idk, great setup, not so greatly executed

1 is nice but it would be better if they were all actually looking at the camera

I disagree.
The fact that not all of them are looking into the camera makes this a strong photo for me.
This isn't just a shot of some kids lining up and posing for the camera, something actually happens in this photo.
Sure they probably were meant to pose for the camera, but this does tell some sort of story. I just love the way this photo looks.

First photo, little kid at the end. How cool is he?!

First photo, little kid at the end. How cool is he?!

Totally cool.

Love the first photo. I think there may be sharpness issues however, unless the compression method you used to present here is VERY BAD.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Each one has been very helpful. I think part of the sharpness issue is from posting from my phone. I may need to change some settings in the mobile app. Thx

I like all of these quite a bit you managed to make a boring family picture fun! im not a pro by any means but their shirts seem saturated a bit in 2 & 4.

I like the first one where they are descending. Some good action going on there and the one of them in the field. Lose the vignette though.

I would try and keep consistent on the editing styles on all 4. When I see too many different styles in images I start to think the photographer was experimenting with too much and the flow from one photo to the next is too different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back