Longleat Safari

Az_GTi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ae-photography.co.uk
Not my usual "motorsport" photos this time but something a little bit different ;)

Had Thursday off work so went to the Longleat Safari Park Zoo, it's one you can drive through :) At just £10.00 I thought it was well worth the money! There was lots to see and we even had a couple of monkeys play-fighting on our bonnet/roof - quality!!

The only downside was the overcast and showery conditions, will more than likely visit in the summer when it will hopefully be warmer and sunny :) Enjoy ;)

Here's a few compressed "forum friendly sized" photos...

#1 Ouch
Longleat_Safari_Park_200406_AE_2042_400x.jpg

#2 "What you lookin' at"
Longleat_Safari_Park_200406_AE_2125_400x.jpg

#3 You don't want to upset this fella :)
Longleat_Safari_Park_200406_AE_2172_400x.jpg

#4 Ahhh :)
Longleat_Safari_Park_200406_AE_2237_600x.jpg

If you want you can view more and larger versions here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/200406.html (be patient it may take a few seconds to load up)

Not so easy for getting shots as I'd like, almost all were taken from the car - which I've never done before (usually I'm stood up) so took a bit of getting used to. Also I kept getting "beeped" at by the wardens as your not supposed to wind your window down in the Lion or Wolf enclosures heh :)

As ever please comment, I always take onboard what you say (good or bad) and try to improve next time ;) Cheers :)

Nice series! I've been to two such parks and they're a lot of fun. Nice spot to get photos of animals fairly close up. Listen to the advice, though, to keep the window rolled up. There was an 'incident' at an Ontario safari park where the people presumably rolled down the window (although they denied it) and one of the big cats (lion or tiger, can't recall which it was) came through and badly mauled the passenger. Even the baboons can get pretty aggressive if the window's open and they think you have food in there. /lecture

Its been ages since i was last at longleat..... good shots considering the light conditions :thumbup:

Hehe, I think I was once in Longleat... Aaaah, what a trip !!!
Concerning your pictures, the two firsts are funny, very well captured. Every of them is greatly composed, and I like the textures/colors you gave them. But as animal photography's not my pref', I have to say they don't "excite" me.

Thanks all for your comments :)

willpops said:
Hehe, I think I was once in Longleat... Aaaah, what a trip !!!
Concerning your pictures, the two firsts are funny, very well captured. Every of them is greatly composed, and I like the textures/colors you gave them. But as animal photography's not my pref', I have to say they don't "excite" me.
Thank you. I'm more into motorsport or "moving" photography, but I do really enjoy a nice day at the Zoo, especially when Monkeys and Lions are involved :thumbup: I completely understand what you mean though... I find it difficult to be inspired shooting portraits, but I can still appreciate good results :)

Antarctican said:
Nice series! I've been to two such parks and they're a lot of fun. Nice spot to get photos of animals fairly close up. Listen to the advice, though, to keep the window rolled up. There was an 'incident' at an Ontario safari park where the people presumably rolled down the window (although they denied it) and one of the big cats (lion or tiger, can't recall which it was) came through and badly mauled the passenger. Even the baboons can get pretty aggressive if the window's open and they think you have food in there. /lecture
Thanks.

Ouch!!! I understand fully why they demand you to have your windows up, but I just couldn't resist. I had my girlfriend with me (she was driving) so she was on the lookout for anything sneaking up on us. We were pretty safe doing it, but I imagine it's difficult with kids somethimes...

Silverpenguin, yes you should pull your finger out :lol: and go. It's well worth it :thumbup: I wouldn't advise taking a "decent" motor in there just in case you get "attacked" by the monkeys :lmao: :p - I was in my old crusty Fiesta though so was actively encouraging it :thumbup: :thumbup:

nice series, i like the monkey pic the best, amazing detail and he was looking at you... :thumbup: the other shots are great too... never seen a giraffe attempt the splits before... ;)

Most reactions

Back