Look at what video cam I found;)

JoshuaSimPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking through my parents cabinet, I found a very old video cam! The sharp viewcam hi fi monaural vl e71. I found out that it is only $50 australian dollars., but it doesn’t really matter as this is a great opportunity to get into some old school cameras! This uses 8mm film apparently, I’m not so good with film, I switched it on and it has very close focusing. And very quick focusing too. Apparently you can take pictures with this, can someone help me on how to take a picture with this(I’m not so good with old cams).
Front
$fc.jpg

Compared to the D3100, and the size
$1a.jpg
side view
$1b.jpg
screen
$1c.jpg
Film and camera bag:)
$1d.jpg

This is not really an "old camera," but then again... You are 13 and I am 24. So I am probably old to you.

This is an "old camera" IMHO.

jEaI7uoUdpCAH.jpg

jbhQRXskwflPRV.jpg

Considering it was found with:

j2d56TQWYIGsw.jpg

Hahha, Kodachrome, now that is old haha

either way two cool cameras from two different decades

We'd normally call that tape, or video tape - it's not 'film' it's an 8 mm video cassette tape. That's an analogue video camera. Here is a link to the manual. I can't see anything about taking stills. Not many analogue video cameras took stills.

We used to rely on cassettes for quite a while. I have an old Canon video camera that uses them. It's pretty bulky compared to this though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back