What's new

looking at 3 cameras..Finepix s3200, s4000, Olympus sp-610uz

mchlhgn1

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Atlanta,GA
Hello I am looking to spend around $200 or so for a camera. After doing some research I believe I have narrowed it down to three cameras.

Fuji Finepix S3200
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s3200/
Fuji Finepix S4000
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s4000/

Olympus SP-610uz
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1529

Does anyone have any experience or advice on the 3 cameras?

Also, would anyone have any advice on a camera other than the 3 I am looking at in the same price range? I am fairly new to to photography and and this point any of these would be a fairly large upgrade from my 5MP, 5x zoom Canon Powershot.

Thanks,
Michael
 
Last edited:
Anyone have any advice? I am new to the hobby and want to dip my toe in the water before I just in. Am I way off base in thinking that way?
 
two things,1 DP preview has a lot of threads with this kinda question....2. Personally I was stuck between the sony wx5/9, and the canon elph 300 hs. Would have liked to get a "better" camera but one didn't want to spend the money and they were all too big for what I wanted in a p&s. I wound up going with the canon for size and better picture quality.

You have to give people an idea at what your looking for in the camera, like what's important to you. For one you mentioned price around $200, next think about size and picture quality, low-light capabilities, zoom, and then maybe features, really just depends on what's important to you. Low-light and high zoom don't normally go together in p&s'. Also, high megapixels doesn't mean better picture quality due to the smaller sensors...Most camera's went really high megapixels, then updated with a lower megapixel number. Most really good p&s' won't be higher than 10-12mp. think of somethings you want in your camera and people will be more than willing to help you out. Camera purchasing is a very particular thing and is different for everyone.

out of those three just by looking at the paper specs, i would pick the finepix s4000/s4050. It'll be slightly better in low light, lower ISO, more zoom without sacrificing wide angle, and good battery life. But that camera is way too big for me to want to buy considering I already own a dslr. but as for actual image quality, your product, you would have to compare the pictures because you don't want to buy something that looks better on paper but takes horrible pictures compared to the other camera's.

I assume you're going to be using this for a lot of outdoor landscaping and maybe birdwatching?
 
Last edited:
hey guys i recently brought my first camera the s4000-4500 and was wondering if there were many good sites for accessories?? I'm from far north queensland in aus and we get some pretty crazy flash storms in unreal locations and looking for some protection for my camera. cheers
 
If you only want to spend about $200, than perhaps look into film cameras? You can get a Nikon N55 or so with a lens for well below $200, and the pictures will be of much higher quality than a point and shoot camera.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom