Looking for a camera

PS- I need to qualify my response. I know little of Nikon and I don't shoot Astro.

But, If you are on a budget, look into third party lenses, like Rokinon (et al), which do not autofocus. Autofocus is expensive and not required for astrophotography and most landscapes. Many non A/F, third party lenses are very very sharp and you'll save a ton of Euros. Those with more expertise might want to respond to my suggestion. I'm suggesting this alternative as a second lens in addition to the A/F lenses mentioned above.

Good Luck and Good Shooting.

Gary brings up a good point here. One of the nice things about the Nikon platform is that you can use just about any Nikon lens made since 1956 (the introduction of the F-mount) on any nikon body that came after the production of that lens. I use lots of vintage glass on my D3300 with great results. There are a few really great nikon primes out there that can be had at a flea market or on any one of the various used dealers online for $20-$100 and are way faster (~1.8 range) than the kit lens. These lens' give super sharp and great results when used properly. Granted there is a bit of a learning curve.

Regards
Dave

Thanks so much dennybeall and everyone
o ?
You don't want to shoot any crop sensor camera above 1600ISO if you want to get nice and very clean shots, full frame will give you about a stop cleaner shots but that's it, I wouldn't use any camera except maybe the 5D and A7SII for super high ISO

LOL !
I shoot 6400 ISO on a cheap old 18 MP crop sensor
("super high iso camera' that fits in a shirt pocket !)

iso 6400 by c w, on Flickr

Fuji- APS-C
ISO 6400

aperture%20124-X2.jpg

aperture%2094-X2.jpg

_DSF0970.jpg

Fuji APS-C
ISO 3200
_GA11019.jpg

_DSF8580.jpg

_S586145.jpg

Most reactions