What's new

Looking for a Cheap Camera With An Electronic Shutter Release

black3tie

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi Folks -

My friend is a photographer and I am trying to make her a panoramic camera hat for an upcoming birthday.

It's a gag gift, but I know she'll love it.

Anyway, the idea is this - I take 6-8 disposable cameras and ring them around a hat. I wire each camera's shutter trigger to one button that cues all the shutters at the same time.

The only problem is most disposables all have mechanical shutter releases. (I.E. Things I can't wire to a remote trigger)

Do you know of any cheap disposable cameras (or really cheap digital cameras) that have an electronic shutter release instead? I need something I can solder.

Thanks for your help folks!
 
I don't know of anything off the top of my head but just wanted to say I think this is a good, fun idea.
 
It's been brought to my attention that maybe I should consider rigging a servo to manually press the buttons on all of the cameras. Ala what they do in kite photography.

Also that maybe this makes more sense - that way the rig could be swapped in with new cameras once the old ones were full.

Does this seem like a good idea?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom