Canon A1 LEDs are on but no shutter or mirror movement

floatingpatterns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Picked up an A1 that was sold as parts. Initially no signs of life. After having a battery in for a while the LEDs are coming on when the buttons are pressed. Pushing the shutter button all the way turns of the LEDs and the mirror or shutter doesn't move. It can be triggered mechanically under the bottom plate, but nothing with the button or proper functions.
I was hoping keeping a battery in there would revive it to get it going.
Battery check light doesnt work, but the meter lights work and the metering changes to light.
Electronics are probably fried somewhere in there stopping the shutter release, i'd love to get it going but if its mechanical, but soldering parts or finding new boards it's out of my depth.
Any ideas?

Fresh battery.
Also could like an issue with the shutter release magnet ... though sounds like other electrical issue.
Clean it ... and check the electrical flow through it.
dsc00698.jpg

Fresh battery.
Also could like an issue with the shutter release magnet ... though sounds like other electrical issue.
Clean it ... and check the electrical flow through it.
dsc00698.jpg
Thanks! Have loaded a new battery and cleaned both magnets. Still no action when the shutter is pressed.
I don't have a miltimeter to check flow at the moment... Anything else I could do?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back