Looking for a film SLR...

Good find on ebay! What lenses did the camera come with?
Once you become familiar with the EOS-3 body, try out the multi-spot meter. You'll love it.

What lenses are you going for? I'm thinking that you should be able to find an EOS5 or A2/A2e for cheaper than the EOS3, and you could put the difference into glass. I don't know what they are going for now, though. The EOS5 was replaced by the EOS3 so it's older, but it's still a great camera and I doubt you would feel that it's lacking.
http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~toomas/photo/canon-intro.html#5
I think you'll love either one, though.

markc said:
What lenses are you going for? I'm thinking that you should be able to find an EOS5 or A2/A2e for cheaper than the EOS3, and you could put the difference into glass. I don't know what they are going for now, though. The EOS5 was replaced by the EOS3 so it's older, but it's still a great camera and I doubt you would feel that it's lacking.
http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~toomas/photo/canon-intro.html#5
I think you'll love either one, though.

The EOS 3 is only one step away from the 1V. The damned thing has a laser the will track your eyeball and focus on whatever you're looking at. You can get them for under $400 on Ebay. Hard to ignore that kind of value.

Hello, im from Kent too and ive been looking for a photography course in this area after completing all the basic courses at my local college, where abouts are you studying your course in september?

Hay_ho said:
Hello, im from Kent too and ive been looking for a photography course in this area after completing all the basic courses at my local college, where abouts are you studying your course in september?
Nice to see someone else from Kent! I'm doing it at West Kent College, it's in Tonbridge, which is also where i'm from. It's a great place, I'm already in love with the darkrooms hehe.
And thanks for the other suggestions people, I haven't actually got the camera yet, but now i'm also going to look into these suggestions lol. Thanks again! ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back