What's new

Looking For Comments And Criticism

David-Wayne

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
54
Reaction score
3
Location
Wilmington NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody. I'm looking for a few ideas about my work. As I am sure many of you know, its easy to become attached to your own photos, since you were there and share an emotional connection that the average viewer wont have. Friends and family are a little too PC to really answer so I turn to my peers. So This is my main album on my site. Let me know what you think. Good, Bad, Ugly, ways to improve. Thanks in Advance!
P.s. As I'm sure you can see, I deal more with couples who arent into posing for photos, so most of these are photojournalistic, taking photos on the fly.
y
Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-8-of-562.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-9-of-122.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-13-of-27-22.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-19-of-232.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-19-of-32-22.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-20-of-492.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-21-of-342.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-26-of-522.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-27-of-522.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-29-of-342.jpg

Wilmington-and-Raleigh-Wedding-photographer-and-engagement-portraits-38-of-592.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm wondering why you would choose to have her foot be the only thing in focus. I get that you are trying to use a shallow DOF in an artistic way, but the point that is in focus will be where the viewer's eye is drawn...and her big toe just doesn't seem like a good choice.

Also, make your images smaller when you upload them, so that people can see the whole thing all at once.
 
The images you posted are enormous and take longer to load than many people are willing to wait around for. People also don't want to make a job out of critiquing that many photos. I would cut it back to 2 or 3 photos at a time.

You might want to take a look at this forum thread:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-gallery/183599-notice-image-sizes-forum.html

I would loose 3 layers worth of border on each one myself. The borders are competing with the photos for attention.
 
yeah I had linked directly from my site. I didnt realize they were loading slow for some people. These should be smaller. I guess KMH what I'm looking for is overall criticism on things i am missing or need to improve on. If a few potos stand out as something you dont like i'd like that input, but with a overall view to how i shoot i'm asking for points and tips as a whole, not nec. just one photo
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom