What's new

Looking for feedback on some random shots

aheiden

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
20101030-IMG_1004.jpg


20101030-IMG_0907.jpg


20110604-IMG_4072-1.jpg


20101030-IMG_0827.jpg
 
Not sure why this has been viewed so many times with no feedback.

So here goes. I think the two city shots have too much going on and are too busy. There's no real focal point. I think number 3 would have been great if you would have caught the sun a few moments earlier and it was higher between the buildings.

Number 2 is interesting. And I think a tighter crop on the building in number four would have been better, there's too much going on in the foreground.

Just my opinion.
 
The way #1 and #3 are composed makes me want to look for symmetry where there isn't any. The point where the space between the buildings meets the horizon is smack dab in the center of the frame. There's no focal point. I like the colors and tonal range on #3 but the composition doesn't help this shot at all for me.

#2 could be cropped on the right to get rid of some of that empty space. Not all of it, but about half of it. Also, there's a bright reflection off of ONE car in the ferris wheel - you could try burning that a bit.

I'm not sure what to say about #4... doesn't really grab me at all.
 
1, 3, and 4 do nothing for me.

2; if you removed from the left to return it to golden ratio I think it would work well.
 
I love the clarity/details in these. They're amazing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom