Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by dorf2001, Jun 24, 2010.
I am a newbie to the forum but I'll give my feedback. Photos in order of appearance:
1) The moment had a better potential for a decent photo than how it ended up. The focus is on the back of the mother moving away, and the duckling is out of the depth of field, so it is slightly out of focus. The harsh sun light also should be toned down a little, so I would do less exposure. The direction of the light making the mothers face dark doesn't do any help for the image either. The composition isn't very interesting either, and some of the empty space on the bottom and right should be cropped out as it is too centered for my liking.
2) This image feels a little soft and a little too bright. The composition for what is actually showing doesn't do anything for me. Maybe too tight on the top, and the bill being cut off isn't interesting. Perhaps zooming out and getting the whole head in the frame would be more interesting.
3) Really dislike this photo. Too much blue, subject is too centered, can't really make out the interesting details (fish in mouth) since it's too far, a little soft, too bright.
4) Subject is out of focus -- focus seems to be on the grass behind it. White balance is off since the white looks blue as does the rest of the image. The composition isn't very interesting since the wings are cut off as is one of the feet.
5) The image is tilted and that doesn't add anything to it, so it majorly detracts. Even with the tilt corrected the image needs to be cropped to remove a lot of the unnecessary details. If anything, this could have been interesting if you had been able to zoom in on the squirrel next to the flowers.
Before you post more images for feedback, I highly suggest you consider what it is you are trying to achieve with a photo. What was the story you were trying to tell, or the emotion you were trying to evoke, and the point of interest you were trying to get us to see. All of these lack interesting composition and in all honesty I don't think many users will take the time to comment on them because these images don't have much going for them. Others may disagree though
Hope that helps!
Separate names with a comma.