Looking for good photo scanning software

bradleyheathhays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for reading. I'm starting off an an epic family photo scanning program that no matter what is going to end up taking a lot of time to get done. So I'm looking for any way to make this go as efficiently as possible.

So say you're scanning six photos at once...would anyone know of a program that will auto crop and straighten, then save multiple photos into separate jpeg files when they're scanned together. Seems like someone would have made something like that by now.

Also, I'm planning on using a Lexmark Interpret S405 printer/scanner. If anyone feels like I should be using a higher quality scanner for an archival project like this please let me know.

Thanks

Although I've read of software that can make scanning multiple photos at once and separating them, my methodology has been to do them one at a time, directly into Photoshop Elements and then straightening/cropping/color & exposure adjustment/dust removal/etc on each one individually.

I recently scanned in about 200 family photos for a friend with pictures dating from the 1930s to the 1980s. Because of different films and papers used through the years, there was next to NO 'common' corrections other than general first-level sharpening possible. While I didn't exactly 'knock myself out' to get everything as perfect as possible, she was very pleased with the results. I then printed sets of pictures and made CDs for her and her siblings. In a way, I helped preserve their family history for future generations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back