Looking for some C+C please

1: Nice idea, but i wish the balloon filled more of the frame.
2: Nice composition, but the sky being blown behind the balloon ruins this shot for me.
3: Again, the sky is blown, and their faces are slightly underexposed.

2: Nice composition, but the sky being blown behind the balloon ruins this shot for me.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I feel the same, I was just kind of limited on shots 2 and 3 on where I could move to deal with the sunrise.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I feel the same, I was just kind of limited on shots 2 and 3 on where I could move to deal with the sunrise.

I can imagine. Maybe a tighter crop on three, and increase the exposure slightly?

I can imagine. Maybe a tighter crop on three, and increase the exposure slightly?

Yeah I'll work on it. Would you crop one differently/what do you recommend? I was trying to work hard on thirds, keeping the balloon in the upper third and left third.

The only things that really bugs me is the arm that's growing out of the guy's head in #3.

You've got two stories going on in that one.... a couple eagerly anticipating a ride high into the sky, and the balloon operator in the back.

It may be my monitor, but #1 looks like you've just pasted a balloon silohuet (sp???) on to a picture of some clouds.

It may be my monitor, but #1 looks like you've just pasted a balloon silohuet (sp???) on to a picture of some clouds.

Haha no that is a legitimate photo. What looks wrong?

I don't know that there's anything "wrong" with the picture, other than how it's coming across to me. What I'm seeing, though, is a flat, dark, balloon-shaped object - something that has no structure or texture to make it "hold it's own" against the cloud backdrop. My eye tries to convert it into a 'hole' in the clouds - or, alternatively, a black shape that's been pasted on the picture in front of the clouds. Either way, to me it doesn't seem to be a part of the same picture as everything else.

I do like the mood of the shot (the solitary adventurer at dawn, and all that), and I'm not sure if anything could be done differently without destroying that mood. It's just that I find it a bit uncomfortable to look at.

Most reactions

Back