G'day from the big land Downunder

Ozzie_Traveller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day all

I have been a Photo Forum participant elsewhere for much of the 18yrs since I went digital, with (regrettably) other forums coming to an end for one reason or another. Looking around here I see the monikers of several others who are also known to me from elsewhere, so I am presuming that I will be in good company here also

Bio for me ...
Location: a small coastal town 300km north of Sydney, Australia

I'm a work-retired Aussie, mad photographer since the 1950s and currently use all Panasonic equipment ... tho over the years I have used heaps of other brands for both film and digital stuff. Historically - my first film SLR was a Pentax back in the mid 1960s, followed over the next 40 yrs by various other K-mount jobs along with a bevy of lenses. I found Tamron lenses suited me very nicely and stayed with them along the way

In 2003 I went digital - and I had the dilemma of an expensive 6mpx SLR incl 2 lenses at about $5000 or a 6mpx fixed-lens superzoom covering 35 to 420mm film camera equiv for $1000 ... Being now retired and heaps of money was never going to reappear in the bank account I went for the superzoom and have never regretted the decision to abandon big heavy SLRs. At this time (2003) I took a 3-month trip across eastern Australia up to the world famous Kakadu NP - exclusively with the new superzoom. When I returned back home I donated all the SLR film cameras incl a cluster of lenses, plus accessories to the local art college for their photographc-studies students to use

Since then I have upgraded my superzooms - concentrating on good lens before qty of pixels and now shoot with the Panasonic FZ-300 with its wonderful Leica lens of F2,8 constant aperture zoom. My main workhorse is the Panny FZ-2500, a larger sensor also with a decent zoom lens, and it gets the majority of day-to-day shooting that I partake with.

Photographic experience also includes being an Adult Education lecturer at college level from '75 until 2006 then running a small business around outback eastern Australia offering digital photography workshops for 1/2-dozen years. Nowadays we are simply 'photographic tourists', living and travelling Australia for about 8 months each year

My public library of images is on Flickr, at "Phil Jones’s albums | Flickr"

Phil

Hello and welcome or should I say Gday mate.??

I recognize the name from somewhere.

Hello and welcome to TPF.

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. I am over the other side of the country in Perth. I look forward to viewing your images.
Regards,
Geoff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back